Quanta To Replace Ingersoll-Rand In S&P 500
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Standard & Poor's announced a reshuffling of its stock indices Thursday, naming electric utility contractor Quanta Services Inc. to replace Ingersoll-Rand Co. Ltd. in the S&P 500 index.
Omaha, Neb.-based diversified manufacturer Valmont Industries Inc. will take Quanta's place in the S&P MidCap 400, while TeleTech Holdings Inc., a call-center and customer-management services provider based in Englewood, Colo., will move to the S&P SmallCap 600 in place of Valmont.
Standard & Poor's said the date of the changes are yet to be announced.
The move comes after shareholders of Ingersoll-Rand, which makes refrigeration equipment and other industrial products, approved the company moving its headquarters to Ireland from Bermuda, thereby making its shares ineligible for the index.Ingersoll-Rand is one of several companies, such as medical products maker Covidien Ltd. and diversified manufacturer Tyco International Ltd., whose shares have been removed from the S&P 500 after they decided to leave Bermuda for European locations such as Ireland and Switzerland. The U.S. government is cracking down on international businesses which operate in the U.S. but are incorporated in island tax havens like Bermuda and the Caymans.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV