Quanta To Replace Ingersoll-Rand In S&P 500
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Standard & Poor's announced a reshuffling of its stock indices Thursday, naming electric utility contractor Quanta Services Inc. to replace Ingersoll-Rand Co. Ltd. in the S&P 500 index.
Omaha, Neb.-based diversified manufacturer Valmont Industries Inc. will take Quanta's place in the S&P MidCap 400, while TeleTech Holdings Inc., a call-center and customer-management services provider based in Englewood, Colo., will move to the S&P SmallCap 600 in place of Valmont.
Standard & Poor's said the date of the changes are yet to be announced.
The move comes after shareholders of Ingersoll-Rand, which makes refrigeration equipment and other industrial products, approved the company moving its headquarters to Ireland from Bermuda, thereby making its shares ineligible for the index.Ingersoll-Rand is one of several companies, such as medical products maker Covidien Ltd. and diversified manufacturer Tyco International Ltd., whose shares have been removed from the S&P 500 after they decided to leave Bermuda for European locations such as Ireland and Switzerland. The U.S. government is cracking down on international businesses which operate in the U.S. but are incorporated in island tax havens like Bermuda and the Caymans.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV