Cascade Corp. Swings To Loss In Q1
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) ¿ Cascade Corp. posted a loss for its fiscal first quarter due to weak demand and expenses tied to the closure of a manufacturing facility.
The Portland, Ore.-based manufacturer said it lost $12.1 million, or $1.12 per share, for the quarter ended April 30. That's down from a profit of $11 million, or $1.01 per share, in the same quarter of last year. The most recent results include $4.8 million of restructuring costs, primarily as a result of the close of a manufacturing facility in France.
Total sales fell 49 percent to $76.3 million for the first quarter.
Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters expected the company to earn 13 cents per share on revenue of $87.6 million for the quarter. Analyst expectations typically exclude one-time items.Shares of Cascade Corp. fell $2.57, or nearly 9 percent, to $27.50 in after-hours trading Thursday following the news.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV