10 Dividend-Paying Stocks to Buy Now
The average price-to-earnings ratio of companies in the S&P 500 Index is about 15. It has been 22, on average, for the past five years. A price-to-earnings ratio indicates how much you would pay for each dollar of a company's earnings at its current share price.
Each stock below boasts a dividend yield, a measure of dividend payments relative to share price, higher than 5%. The average dividend yield of S&P 500 companies is 3.05%.
Some would argue these companies are cheap because investors question their ability to pay dividends and boost share value. This fear is unjustified. These companies have stronger financial positions than 89% of stocks we follow.
Check out each stock's financial-strength score, our gauge of cash position and debt management. On a scale of 1 to 10, these companies are above 5, higher than the 4.4 of the average company we cover. On that basis, it's unlikely that these companies will cut their dividends. In fact, they might boost their payouts.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV