S&P Corrects Omissions In PNC Financial Ratings
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Standard & Poor's Ratings Services said Wednesday it corrected its ratings on subsidiaries of PNC Financial Services Group Inc.
The changes follow the Pittsburgh-based bank's acquisition last fall of Cleveland-based National City Corp. for $5.6 billion. S&P said several legal-entity mergers associated with the acquisition were not reflected at the time the transaction closed.
S&P described the following changes:
¿National City Bank Kentucky is merged into National City Bank, and the senior unsecured and subordinated debt issuances of National City Bank Kentucky are now obligations of National City Bank. S&P said that debt has been placed on "CreditWatch Negative," which means there is a 50 percent chance the ratings will be cut in the next three months.¿National City Bank is now being properly reflected as a subsidiary of PNC Financial Services. As such, all rating types and all outstanding debt issuances of National City Bank are on negative watch. ¿National City Capital Trust IV is now being properly reflected as a subsidiary of PNC Financial Services. The 'BBB' outstanding junior subordinated rating is on negative watch. 'BBB' is an investment-grade rating two notches above junk.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV