LCA-Vision Slides On Report Of Weakening Demand
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Shares of LCA-Vision Inc. fell Wednesday, a day after the company said Lasik vision correction procedures were down 45 percent over the last two months.
The news, reported Tuesday morning, showed a steeper decline in procedure volumes than in the first three months of the year, when they were down 37 percent. Raymond James analyst John Ransom downgraded the stock to "Underperform" from "Market Perform."
Ransom said the results will probably prevent LCA-Vision shares from recovering further, and over time, the company may face financial pressure. The stock has tripled since reaching an annual low of $1.99 in early March. In Wednesday morning trading, shares of the Cincinnati company dropped 51 cents, or 7.8 percent, to $6.
The stock price currently includes a significant turnaround in demand, Ransom said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV