LCA-Vision Slides On Report Of Weakening Demand
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Shares of LCA-Vision Inc. fell Wednesday, a day after the company said Lasik vision correction procedures were down 45 percent over the last two months.
The news, reported Tuesday morning, showed a steeper decline in procedure volumes than in the first three months of the year, when they were down 37 percent. Raymond James analyst John Ransom downgraded the stock to "Underperform" from "Market Perform."
Ransom said the results will probably prevent LCA-Vision shares from recovering further, and over time, the company may face financial pressure. The stock has tripled since reaching an annual low of $1.99 in early March. In Wednesday morning trading, shares of the Cincinnati company dropped 51 cents, or 7.8 percent, to $6.
The stock price currently includes a significant turnaround in demand, Ransom said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV