The new battleground for Microsoft will be netbooks. Microsoft is expected to release several versions of the Windows 7 program ranging from a starter product to a premium version. The starter kit is designed to run netbooks and may have been tweaked recently to allow more than three programs to run simultaneously.
But by the time Windows 7 arrives it will compete with not only Windows XP but also new netbooks running on Linux and Google's Android software.
One thing seems certain, though: There won't be a huge Vista fan club for Windows 7 to worry about.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV