Morgan said it plans to use the funds to help pay off its government TARP debt. The banking giant received $10 billion in federal funds during the credit crisis last year.
Exactly when the government will allow banks to pay off their TARP debt remains a mystery. Morgan said it hopes to be able to pay back the money by the end of June.
Morgan Stanley shares fell $1.07, or -3.6%, in Tuesday morning trading.
We removed shares of MS from our "recommended" list back on Aug. 12, when the stock was trading at $45.39. The company has a dividend yield of .90%, based on last night's closing stock price of $29.89.The stock has technical support in the $22-$25 price area. If the shares can continue their recent ascent, we see the next level of overhead resistance around the $35 price mark. We would remain on the sidelines for now. Morgan Stanley is not recommended at this time, holding a Dividend.com DARS Rating of 3.3 out of 5 stars.
Walgreen Says Same-Store Sales Rose 1% in MayDrug store chain Walgreen (WAG) said Tuesday that May same-store sales rose 1%, helped by higher pharmacy sales. The Deerfield, Ill.-based company said that overall same-store sales rose 1% last month. Same-store sales are considered a key indicator of a retailer's health, since they measure the performance of stores open at least one year. Walgreen also said that total pharmacy rose 6.3% in May, with same-store pharmacy sales rising 1.5%. Overall, pharmacy sales represented about 65% of the company's total sales revenue.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV