Cameron to Acquire Natco Group in $780 Million All-Stock DealOil and gas services company Cameron International (CAM) said Monday that it will acquire fellow oil services outfit Natco Group (NTG) in a $780 million all-stock deal.
Pursuant to the deal, Natco shareholders will receive 1.185 shares of Cameron common stock per share of Natco stock. Natco has about 20.3 million shares outstanding, which means that current Natco shareholders will gain approximately 10% ownership of Cameron's outstanding shares.
The board of directors for both companies have approved the acquisition, which is anticipated to close in the third quarter of this year.
Natco shares rose $4.62, or +15%, in morning trading Tuesday, while Cameron shares fell $1.76, or -5.4%.Shares of CAM are off of 52-week high levels of $58. The stock has near-term technical support in the $25-$27 price area. If the shares can rebound from today's early drop, we see overhead resistance around the $36-$38 price levels. We do not currently rate this non-dividend paying stock, but we do follow the stock and the oil services space very closely. Neither of the stocks mentioned in this article currently pay a dividend.
Morgan Stanley Announces $2.2 Billion Share OfferingIn order to help pay back its TARP debt, financial services giant Morgan Stanley (MS) said it will offer 80.2 million shares of common stock. The New York City-based company expects the offering to net $2.2 billion in funds. It said it will issue around 80.2 million additional shares of its common stock, priced at $27.44 per share. This price point reflects an 8.2% discount from the company's Monday closing price of $28.89.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV