The deal, valued at $780 million, will give NATCO shareholders 24 million shares of Cameron common stock. That will give NATCO shareholders 10% of Cameron's outstanding shares.
As expected, NATCO volumes skyrocketed and shares were changing hands up 15%, or $4.70, after the announcement this morning. Cameron shares were trading in the red, down $1.70 to $30.75.
A release about the transaction, which will add 2,400 employees to the Cameron fold, said the deal is expected to close in the third quarter.The release also noted that NATCO will help grow Houston-based Cameron's processing systems in emerging markets, including Southeast Asia, West Africa, the Middle East and Brazil. On top of increasing the number of processing products, the combination will also add a manufacturing capacity to Cameron's portfolio: something the company didn't have before. "In combination with our Petreco Process Systems division, this will solidify Cameron's position as a leading supplier of separation and processing solutions worldwide," Cameron CEO Jack Moore said in the release. "In addition, NATCO's ongoing research and development activities relating to the emerging area of subsea processing will further advance Cameron's capabilities in this field."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV