New Casino, Truck Stop Being Built In Fernley
FERNLEY, Nev. (AP) ¿ Construction has begun on a new casino and truck stop complex along U.S. Interstate 80 in Fernley, where 45 construction jobs will be created over the next seven months to build the facility with 240 slots and gaming tables.
Site work for the Big Wheel Casino & Truck Stop began about three weeks ago, said Paul Morabito, president of the Reno-based developer Big Wheel Properties LLC.
The 20,000-square-foot building covering seven acres will feature a casino, trucker's service area, bar, convenience store and a travel center with Texaco-branded retail gasoline. The developers also are trying to secure a franchise for an International House of Pancakes restaurant in the building.
"The traffic on I-80 more than justifies an additional truck stop in the area and I can assure you that Big Wheel will be as trucker-friendly a facility as exists in the Western United States," Morabito said.Miles Construction Inc. of Carson City is the general contractor for the project expected to open next spring with 60 full-time jobs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV