Bridgepoint had its IPO in April and is up $2 since then, but Cramer says it's got great growth potential, with expectations for its student body to double in 2009.
On Monday, Bridgepoint added 34 cents, or 2.7%, to close at $12.89.
Cramer's Speculation Friday pick was Bank of America (BAC) as a play on a turn in the housing market. Cramer said he sees the bottom in housing in California, which bodes well for Bank of America, especially after its acquisition of Countrywide Home Loans.Cramer said that the company should be able to repay its TARP money after its secondary offering is completed, leaving its balance sheet clean. On Monday, Bank of America slid 6 cents to $11.21. In his "Lightning Round" segment, Cramer said he likes PPG Industries (PPG) for its "good, solid yield." He called it a buy under $50. On Monday, PPG was up $1.57, or 3.5%, to close at $46.04. GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) was "too boring" for Cramer. He recommended Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) instead. On Monday, Bristol-Myers closed up 19 cents, or 1%, at $20.11, while GlaxoSmithKline added 50 cents, or 1.5%, to $34.21. Cramer said he wasn't abandoning Verizon (VZ) and told viewers to "get into" the stock and "enjoy that dividend." On Monday, Verizon lost a penny to close at $29.25. He also said he'd buy Petrobras (PZE) "hand over fist." On Monday, Petrobras added 87 cents, or 17.1%, to close at $5.95.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV