Enstar Group To Acquire Copenhagen Reinsurance
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Bermuda-based insurance company holding group Enstar Group Ltd. said Friday that a subsidiary, Nordic Run-Off Ltd., had agreed to buy Copenhagen Reinsurance Co. for about $28 million.
Enstar is purchasing the business from a subsidiary of Denmark-based financial services group Alm. Brand A/S. Copenhagen Re was placed into run-off in 2001, which means it has not looked for any new business.
Enstar said it plans to finance the acquisition from available cash on hand.
The deal is expected to close in the third quarter, depending on regulatory approval and other closing conditions.Enstar shares slipped $1.64, or 2.9 percent, to $55.20 on Friday. The stock has traded between $41.20 and $135.02 during the past 52 weeks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV