Enstar Group To Acquire Copenhagen Reinsurance
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Bermuda-based insurance company holding group Enstar Group Ltd. said Friday that a subsidiary, Nordic Run-Off Ltd., had agreed to buy Copenhagen Reinsurance Co. for about $28 million.
Enstar is purchasing the business from a subsidiary of Denmark-based financial services group Alm. Brand A/S. Copenhagen Re was placed into run-off in 2001, which means it has not looked for any new business.
Enstar said it plans to finance the acquisition from available cash on hand.
The deal is expected to close in the third quarter, depending on regulatory approval and other closing conditions.Enstar shares slipped $1.64, or 2.9 percent, to $55.20 on Friday. The stock has traded between $41.20 and $135.02 during the past 52 weeks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV