NYC Lawyer Marc Dreier's Son Sues For Defamation
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ The son of disgraced Manhattan lawyer Marc Dreier is suing a former college roommate for $1 million.
Nineteen-year-old Spencer Dreier says Ben Clorite of Madison, Conn., attacked him three times after they became roommates in September at Union College in Schenectady (skeh-NEK'-tuh-dee), N.Y.
He says he dropped out in his freshman year because Clorite assaulted, verbally abused and defamed him.
Dreier says the abuse escalated after his father's arrest in December. Marc Dreier has admitted defrauding hedge funds out of more than $400 million.The lawsuit says Clorite wrote in an Internet posting that the younger Dreier had committed illegal acts. A call to Clorite's room at Union went unanswered, and a call to his home was not returned.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV