Cisco Predicts TV Revolution
Networking giant Cisco (CSCO) is predicting a home entertainment revolution as the worlds of TV and Internet collide, creating a whole new breed of technology.
With broadband speeds increasing and services such as YouTube enjoying phenomenal growth, service providers and technology manufacturers will have to rethink their strategies, according to Bob McIntyre, chief technology officer of Cisco's Scientific Atlanta division.
Speaking at the Cowen & Company conference in New York, McIntyre said he foresees a very different broadcasting landscape within the next five years.
"Set-top boxes of the future will not only be able to access all the broadcast video content
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV