RBC Bearings 4Q Profit Down, But Beats Estimates
OXFORD, Conn. (AP) ¿ RBC Bearings Inc. said Wednesday its fiscal fourth-quarter profit fell 46 percent on soft demand for ball bearings from many of its industrial customers but results still beat analyst expectations.
Net income for the three months ended March 28 of $6.5 million, or 30 cents per share, compared with a profit of $12 million, or 55 cents per share, a year earlier.
The latest quarter's profit was hurt by $3.1 million in various one-time charges. Excluding those charges, RBC's adjusted profit was $9.6 million, or 44 cents per share. Analysts, whose estimates typically exclude one-time charges, expected 38 cents per share, according to Thomson Reuters."RBC is on a roll in terms of cost takeout and positioning for future growth," Barrington Research Associates analyst Walter Liptak said of the results. "Our concern is about the weak economy and what might happen to volumes." Net sales fell 9 percent to $83.8 million from $92.1 million. A sales decrease of 28 percent in RBC Bearing's industrial business was partly offset by a nearly 7 percent increase in its aerospace and defense segments.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV