Highwoods Properties Offers 5.8 Million Shares
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) ¿ Highwoods Properties Inc., a real estate investment trust that owns property in the southeastern U.S., said Tuesday that it is offering 5.8 million common shares to the public.
Highwoods said it plans to use net proceeds from the offering to repay debt and for general corporate purposes.
Merrill Lynch, Wachovia Securities and Morgan Stanley will serve as the joint book-running managers for the offering. The underwriters will have a 30-day option to buy up to 870,000 additional shares to cover any overallotments.
Highwoods' shares jumped $1.47, or 6.7 percent, to close at $23.32, rising with many stocks in a widespread rally in U.S. stock markets. In after-hours trading, following the announcement of the offering, the company's stock fell $1.26, or 5.4 percent, to $22.06.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV