This is it, the last time to make your voice heard if you want the playing field to be the same level as it was before the Bush administration decided to give the edge to the shorts by getting rid of the uptick rule.
For a month now, we have been circulating a petition to bring back the uptick rule, in full, without any loopholes that shorts can then drive a truck through.
Why is this so important? I think the deregulation of the securities markets by President Bush and now the most discredited SEC chairman in history, Chris Cox, produced the lax environment that ultimately ended up costing taxpayers billions of dollars because many good banks were not able to refinance using equity capital because shorts were able, systematically, to knock down stocks to absurd levels simply because they didn't have to wait for a buyer to surface.
Now, I know there are many people here who want to debate the merits of the rule. I can tell you that as someone who made multiple tens of millions short with the rule in place, it is simply not an imperative that this government allows the shorts a chance to bash down the longs. The short-sellers never needed this edge.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV