The Vanguard Health Care ETF (VHT), the Health Care Select Sector SPDR (XLV), the PowerShares FTSE Rafi Health Care (PRFH), the First Trust Health Care AlphaDex (FXH) and Rydex S&P Equal Weight Health Care (RYH) are all broad-based health care ETFs. There are many subsector ETFs, and there is even a leveraged short health care sector ETF, the Ultra Health Care ProShares (RXL).
7. Sell Real Estate
New housing construction starts are still contracting, inventories of houses on the market are still much higher than normal, foreclosures are continuing at a high rate, and a new bubble of adjustable-rate mortgage resets are scheduled, which may add to mortgage defaults. There may still be fallout in commercial real estate through the rest of 2009 and beyond. Investors have been trying to look through the valley to a sector recovery starting by the end of the year. If there is realization this summer that a recovery might be much further off, this beaten-down sector could fall further, even exceeding the lows of March.
The rally from the early March bottom has seen the Ultra Real Estate ProShares (URE) gain 69% (including dividend), but this rally may be failing at resistance shown (defined by November closing lows). The failure of the rally would be confirmed if MACD starts to reverse its current uptrend.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV