The stock was up almost 2% in early morning trading on higher than average volume.
"These markets will play an increasingly important role in Campbell's future as we gain momentum in our key areas of focus," said CEO Douglas R. Conant.
Campbell already sells mushroom, beef and mushroom, chicken and beef broths in the country, but it will be the first time its soup products are introduced in the area.While the financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed, Coca-Cola Hellenic, which currently distributes Campbell's Home Classics products in Moscow, will expand distribution to over 100 cities and 12 regions of Russia in August 2009. Last week the soupmaker posted a 67% plunge in third-quarter earnings hurt by the sale of the Godiva brand.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV