This Week's 'Barron's' Roundup
Editor's note: Welcome to Stockpickr's "Barron's Roundup." Each weekend, James Altucher presents Stockpickr portfolios related to articles in the latest issue of Barron's.
Cuba Trade Plays: Barron's examines some ways to play Cuba now that the U.S. is making moves to relax its 47-year-old trade embargo against the island nation. Among the names are Freeport McMoRan (FCX), Seaboard (SEB) and Lennar (LEN).
Old-Fashioned Value Investors: Barron's talks with J. Dennis Delafield and Vincent Sellecchia of Delafield Asset Management. The two are old-fashioned value investors who focus on small cap stocks, and they run the $480 million Delafield Fund (DEFIX). Among the names they like are Flextronics International (FLEX) and Barnes Group (B).
'Speaking of Dividends': This Barron's column highlights the latest dividend increases, initiations and cutbacks. This week there's information on Northrop Grumman (NOC) and Xcel Energy (XEL).
Bullish and Bearish: Each week, Barron's publishes bullish and bearish stories on a variety of stocks. We present summaries of those stories in this portfolio. This week, there are bullish stories on Chemed (CHE) and Thermo Fisher Scientific (TMO).
Top Insider Purchases of the Week: Insider purchases are a lot more predictive than insider selling. Barron's lists companies where managers are buying stock, and we build a portfolio with those companies' stocks. There has been interesting activity in Duke Energy (DUK), Tim Hortons (THI), Arena Pharmaceuticals (ARNA) and Applied Materials (AMAT).
Latest Activist Purchases: Which companies are the top hedge funds chasing? This week's list includes names like Delta Petroleum (DPTR), Saks (SKS) and MathStar (MATH).
Research Reports: The latest analyst research highlighted by Barron's, including reports this week on IMAX (IMAX), JetBlue Airways (JBLU) and Wal-Mart (WMT).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV