Regulators Shut Down Two Illinois Banks
Regulators shuttered two Illinois banks Friday, bringing the total number of failed U.S. banks and thrifts during 2009 to 36.
The Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation seized Strategic Capital Bank of Champaign, Ill. The Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. was appointed receiver and arranged for all of the failed bank's deposits to be taken over by Midland States Bank of Effingham, Ill.
The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency then shut down Citizens National Bank of Macomb, Ill. and appointed the FDIC receiver. The FDIC then arranged for Morton Community Bank of Morton, Ill. to assume Citizens' retail deposits.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV