Fitch Downgrades First Midwest Bancorp Ratings
CHICAGO (AP) ¿ Fitch Ratings said Friday it has downgraded the long-term issuer default ratings of First Midwest Bancorp Inc. and its subsidiary, First Midwest Bank, citing deteriorating credit quality and expected higher credit costs.
The agency also assigned the bank and its holding company a "Negative" ratings outlook.
Fitch lowered the companies' long-term issuer default ratings to "BBB" from "BBB+" and affirmed their short-term issuer default ratings of "F2."
It said it based the changes on First Midwest's "deteriorating credit quality and Fitch's expectation of higher credit costs over the near term."First Midwest started reporting worsening asset quality in its residential land and development portfolio a year ago as the housing market in the Chicagoland area "began to experience significant stress," Fitch said. "This portfolio has continued to exhibit considerable weakness, and now represents nearly 60 percent of the company's nonaccrual assets," the agency said. "However, more recently, signs of weakness in other portfolios have emerged."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV