Tech Rumor of the Day: Apple's Tablet
The long-awaited Apple (AAPL) tablet is coming next year, said Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster, in a research note Thursday.
Munster predicts Apple will finally unveil the 7- to-10-inch touchscreen tablet for around $600 sometime in the first half of next year.
For those following the Apple tablet saga, this will mark two years of scuttled launches. And if the people at Apple seems a little trigger-shy, you can't blame them.
Here are five reasons the Apple Tablet will flop.First, consider that Apple itself isn't exactly sold on the whole commercial appeal of the tablet. Apple has been working on the device for at least two years, and prototypes have been ready to go for several months, according to analysts.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV