It's also very hush, hush at Limited Brands (LTD).
Limited posted a 92% plunge in first quarter earnings, but released a measly one-page report for the quarter that had little explanation for the downturn.
During the quarter, the company earned $2.6 million or 1 cent a share, compared with $36.4 million, or 11 cents, in the year-ago period.
The company managed to beat analysts' expectations of a loss of 3 cents, as cost-cutting efforts offset lower sales.Sales dropped 10% to $1.73 billion from $1.93 billion last year, while same-store sales fell 7%. Limited raised its outlook and now expects full-year earnings in the range of 67 cents to 87 cents, up from a previous forecast of 60 cents to 85 cents per share. Second-quarter earnings should be 27 cents. Shares of Limited ended the day down 2.4% to $11.66.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV