Tiny Biotechs Dancing in the Bull Pen
A speculative fervor has gripped small-cap biotech stocks.
They're up, in some cases big. Tiny, high-risk biotech companies suffered crushing declines in the price of their shares last year. But today, investors (or perhaps just traders) are embracing many of these stocks.
OncoGenex Pharmaceuticals (OGXI) has gone from $4 to more than $13 in the last month. Hemispherx BioPharma (HEB) is up more than 50% since the beginning of May. Shares of Novogen (NVGN) more doubled this week alone.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV