Updated from 2:35 p.m. EDT
Down for the Week
(At 5:45 p.m. EDT)
Not the best way to end a week. The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 62.68 points, or 0.8%, to 8268.64 Friday, though considering only six of its 30 stocks rose, it could have been worse I suppose.
The Dow struggled for the most part during the past five sessions, and all told it lost 306 points, or 3.6%. That was the worst showing since the week that finished March 6, but it was only the second decline in the last 10 weeks. Not that big of a deal.So far this month, the industrials have gained 1.2%, while for the year to date, they've lost 5.8%.
Yes, It's Friday Yet(At 2:15 p.m. EDT) A sluggish day for the Dow. I don't really know how else to put it. Quite frankly, there just isn't a great deal going on to influence the direction either way. So far the index has spent time on both sides of the flat line, and lately it was down by 50 points at 8281. Barring a nearly 300-point rally in the next 90 minutes, it will close lower for the week, which would be only its second retreat in the last 10.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV