Heelys Posts Wider Loss In 1st Quarter
DALLAS (AP) ¿ Heelys Inc., which makes sneakers with built-in wheels for kids, said Thursday its first-quarter loss widened amid a difficult retail environment.
For the three months ended March 31, the company lost $1.3 million, or 5 cents per share, compared with a loss of $1 million, or 4 cents per share, a year earlier.
The Dallas-based company said net sales dropped 29 percent to $9.2 million, from $13.1 million a year ago.
But Mike Hessong, interim chief executive officer, noted in a press release that the company is encouraged by the positive reaction to its new styles.While Heelys isn't assuming an improvement in the retail environment, Hessong said the company is in a better position heading into the summer and back-to-school season. After a review of strategic alternatives, Heelys also announced that its board of directors decided it's currently in the best interest of the company and its stockholders to continue operating Heelys as an independent company.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV