Heelys Posts Wider Loss In 1st Quarter
DALLAS (AP) ¿ Heelys Inc., which makes sneakers with built-in wheels for kids, said Thursday its first-quarter loss widened amid a difficult retail environment.
For the three months ended March 31, the company lost $1.3 million, or 5 cents per share, compared with a loss of $1 million, or 4 cents per share, a year earlier.
The Dallas-based company said net sales dropped 29 percent to $9.2 million, from $13.1 million a year ago.
But Mike Hessong, interim chief executive officer, noted in a press release that the company is encouraged by the positive reaction to its new styles.While Heelys isn't assuming an improvement in the retail environment, Hessong said the company is in a better position heading into the summer and back-to-school season. After a review of strategic alternatives, Heelys also announced that its board of directors decided it's currently in the best interest of the company and its stockholders to continue operating Heelys as an independent company.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV