Ahead Of The Bell: CommVault Systems
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Several analysts see hope in CommVault Systems Inc.'s new data management software, despite a worse-than-expected fiscal fourth quarter.
On Wednesday, CommVault reported an adjusted profit of 9 cents per share late on sales of $56.1 million for its fiscal fourth quarter. Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters projected profit of 15 cents per share on revenue of $63 million.
"Despite the slightly disappointing results for the March quarter, we remain confident in our belief that the company's product set offers a compelling" return on investment, Morgan Keegan analyst Brian Freed wrote in a client note Thursday.
He reiterated an "Outperform" rating on shares and said CommVualt's new data management product, Simpana 8, should help "accelerate its pace of market share gains."Joel Fishbein, a Lazard Capital Markets analyst, said the company's near-term growth has run into headwinds from a poor economy, pressure on prices and weak spending from the U.S. government. But Fishbein reiterated a "Buy" rating, saying Simpana 8 "has led to new opportunities and should lead to growth coming out (of) the downturn."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV