Cadence Pharma Seeks Approval Of IV Fever Drug
SAN DIEGO (AP) ¿ Cadence Pharmaceuticals Inc. said Thursday it asked the Food and Drug Administration to approve its drug candidate Acetavance, a form of the painkiller acetaminophen that is given intravenously.
Cadence filed a New Drug Application with the FDA, formally requesting marketing approval for Acetavance as a treatment for acute pain and fever. The San Diego, Calif., company said that Acetavance would be the only intravenous drug approved to treat fever, and the first new intravenous painkiller approved in more than 20 years, pending the FDA's ruling.
In morning trading, Cadence shares gained 25 cents, or 2.6 percent, to $9.75.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV