Movers Roundup: YRC Worldwide, Dow Chemical
Among the stock activity stories for Wednesday, May 13, from AP Financial News:
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Shares of one of the nation's largest trucking companies, YRC Worldwide Inc., sank as investors continued to worry that it might not meet its credit requirements this quarter.
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Shares of Dow Chemical Co. dropped after the government posted poor retail numbers, showing consumers are spending less on items made using products from the chemical industry.
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Superior Well Services Inc.'s dismal first-quarter results, a weak demand outlook, price erosion and overall industry weakness prompted analysts to downgrade the company's stock.NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Shares of restaurant chain Landry's Restaurants Inc. jumped after the company announced its chief executive bought more of its shares earlier this month ¿ a sign one analyst said that CEO Tilman Fertitta may still want to buy the chain.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV