The Chinese economy is a hot place to be right now. Last year's excess manufacturing inventory, which served as a negative headwind for the country, is rapidly being worked off as China embarks on several important and lasting growth initiatives specifically targeted at consumer spending.
This helps to explain why the Hang Seng Index has risen about 38% from its March 9 bottom of 11,344.58, compared with a 35% rise for the S&P 500. Simply put, the Chinese government, led by Premier Wen Jiabao, has authorized market-friendly stimulus and financial packages with the goal of restoring economic and, more important, political confidence.
So far, it's worked.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV