National CineMedia Shares Fall On 2Q Outlook
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Shares of National CineMedia Inc. fell Wednesday after the seller of in-theater advertising issued second-quarter revenue guidance below analysts' expectations.
National CineMedia shares fell $2.73, or 18.5 percent, to $12 in afternoon trading. The stock has ranged from $4.79 to $20.61 over the past year.
Late Tuesday, the Centennial, Colo.-based company reported a first-quarter profit of 3 cents per share ¿ in line with estimates of analysts polled by Thomson Reuters ¿ and revenue above Wall Street projections.
But while the company said that it still expects 2009 revenue to be essentially flat year over year, it predicted second-quarter revenue of $84 million to $87 million. Analysts expect revenue $91.3 million.In a client note, Wedbush Morgan Securities analyst James Dix kept his $13 price target and "Hold" rating for the stock. Dix pointed out that the company had raised its first-quarter outlook and then beat it, so it could see similar late-booking trends in the second quarter that would lead it to beat its current outlook. "We believe local trends should improve, in part due to better second-quarter box-office trends," he said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV