Ferro Shares Jump After Upgrade On Strong Outlook
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Shares of Ferro Corp. spiked Wednesday after an analyst said the specialty materials and chemicals maker likely will be able to improve earnings after posting a first-quarter loss.
The stock rose 80 cents, or 18.1 percent, to $5.17 in morning trading. Shares of Ferro, which makes nonstick coatings for cookware, as well as solar cell parts and metallic coatings, have traded between 81 cents and $24.13 in the past 52 weeks.
KeyBanc Capital Markets analyst Michael J. Sison upgraded the company to "Buy" from "Hold" and set an $8 price target, implying he expects shares to jump 83 percent from Tuesday's $4.37 close.The upgrade came after Ferro posted a first-quarter loss and said sales dropped 39 percent. But Sison said those results likely were the bottom, and performance should improve. "We believe Ferro will emerge from this downturn a much leaner and better organized specialty chemical company with significant earnings potential down the road," he said in a note to clients.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV