Earnings Roundup: BMC Software, GT Solar
Among the earnings stories for Tuesday, May 12, from AP Financial News:
HOUSTON (AP) ¿ Business software maker BMC Software Inc. said its fiscal fourth-quarter profit declined, weighed by charges and a higher income tax provision.
MERRIMACK, N.H. (AP) ¿ GT Solar International Inc. said its fourth-quarter profit fell by more than half as costs surged and sales rose only slightly.
WASHINGTON (AP) ¿ Mortgage giant Freddie Mac said it needs $6.1 billion in additional government aid as the cost to taxpayers from the housing market bust keeps rising.CENTENNIAL, Colo. (AP) ¿ National CineMedia Inc., which sells advertising in AMC, Regal and Cinemark movie theaters, said it turned a profit in the first quarter as sales picked up and the company curbed costs. SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) ¿ Chip manufacturing equipment maker Applied Materials Inc. posted a net loss, hurt by charges and lower revenue. WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (AP) ¿ Ticketmaster Entertainment Inc. says first-quarter earnings fell 78 percent as ticket sales slowed and a ticketing agreement with merger partner Live Nation ended. HOUSTON (AP) ¿ Oil and gas producer Mariner Energy Inc. posted a first-quarter loss driven by a $704.7 million write-down on gas properties amid weakened natural gas prices. NEW YORK (AP) ¿ U.S.-traded shares of Ctrip.com International Ltd. soared after the China-based travel services provider posted solid results for the first quarter. WASHINGTON (AP) ¿ The Federal Agricultural Mortgage Corp., commonly called Farmer Mac, posted a first-quarter profit, reversing a year-ago loss.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV