BofNY Mellon Announces $1.2B Share OfferingThe bevy of share offerings continued after the bell Monday, as The Bank of New York Mellon (BK) said it would sell $1.2 billion worth of its own shares.
The New York City-based bank said it would price 42 million shares at $28.75 each, which is slightly below its Monday closing price of $29.55.
Like several other major banks recently, including BB&T (BBT), U.S. Bancorp (USB), and Capital One Financial (COF), Bank of New York seeks to use the money raised via the share offering to pay down its governmental TARP debt.
Bank of New York received about $3.4 billion in TARP funds in the form of a preferred stock investment from the federal government.Bank of New York shares fell $1.12, or -3.8%, in morning trading Tuesday. We have avoided shares of Bank of NY Mellon since we initiated coverage back in early June, when shares were trading at $41.15. The company has near-term technical support in the $23-$25 price area. If the shares can continue the recent rebound, we see overhead resistance around the $32-$35 price levels. We would remain on the sidelines for now. The Bank of New York Mellon is not recommended at this time, holding a Dividend.com DARS Rating of 3.0 out of 5 stars.
Fluor Corp Profit Jumps 60%, Full-Year Outlook ReducedEngineering and construction company Fluor (FLR) said Tuesday that its first-quarter profit improved by 60% from a year ago. The Irving, Texas-based company reported first-quarter net income of $204.8 million, or $1.12 per share, up 60% from $137 million, or 74 cents per share, in the year-ago period. Revenue jumped 21% to $5.8 billion, from $4.81 billion in the same quarter last year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV