OptionMonster co-founder Jon Najarian provides options picks Monday, Wednesday and Friday in TheStreet.com's Deep in the Money Calls newsletter.
David Russell, reporter for OptionMonster.
Below is a compilation of stories that ran yesterday on OptionMonster.com, which uses advanced monitoring systems to detect trading patterns by large institutional traders and retail investors.
October volatility: GroupOne's Jamie Tyrrell says traders are positioning for a higher VIX in October.Cell Genesys draws speculators: Options action is heating up in Cell Genesys (CEGE) as traders speculate on higher prices from the penny stock. Options bullish on Chinese solar firm: Traders are buying calls in Yingli Green Energy (YGE), though shares in the Chinese solar technology company are down. Put volume surges in Applied Materials: Traders are buying puts in Applied Materials (AMAT) as investors position for a pullback before the chip equipment maker reports earnings. Traders bank on SL Green upside: SL Green Realty (SLG) has almost tripled from its March lows, and options traders are betting on more upside. The pitfalls of time decay in options: Taking advantage of time decay is one of the most common ways of using options, but creates risks from big moves in stock prices. Pre-market: Intel opportunity: Guy Adami says Intel (INTC) shares are attractively priced and poised for a potential rebound.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV