This Week's 'Barron's' Roundup
Editor's note: Welcome to Stockpickr's "Barron's Roundup." Each weekend, James Altucher presents Stockpickr portfolios related to articles in the latest issue of Barron's.
Supply Chain: Barron's looks at the future of the auto parts suppliers given all the problems General Motors (GM) and other automakers are having. Names that could be in trouble include Lear (LEA), American Axle (AXL) and Johnson Controls (JCI).
High-Yield Manager: Barron's talks J. Matthew Philo, senior managing director at Mackay Shields, an asset manager in New York with around $30 billion under management. Philo sees value in higher quality junk bonds, including the bonds Harley Davidson (HDI) and Tyson Foods (TSN).
'Speaking of Dividends': This Barron's column highlights the latest dividend increases, initiations and cutbacks. This week there's information on Thomson Reuters (TRI), American Water Works (AWK) and CMS Energy (CMS).
Bullish and Bearish: Each week, Barron's publishes bullish and bearish stories on a variety of stocks. We present summaries of those stories in this portfolio. This week, there are bullish stories on Campbell Soup (CPB) and Hess Corp. (HES), plus a bearish take on Hansen Natural (HANS).
Top Insider Purchases of the Week: Insider purchases are a lot more predictive than insider selling. Barron's lists companies where managers are buying stock, and we build a portfolio with those companies' stocks. There has been interesting activity in Visa (V), Cepheid (CPHD), Stryker (SYK) and Bristol Myers Squibb (BMY).
Latest Activist Purchases: Which companies are the top hedge funds chasing? This week's list includes names like Bitstream (BITS), Delta Petroleum (DPTR) and Telephone & Data Systems (TDS).
Research Reports: The latest analyst research reports highlighted by Barron's, including reports this week on SunTrust Banks (STI), Wynn Resorts (WYNN) and Och-Ziff Capital (OZM).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV