Earnings Roundup: Luminex, Arena Resources
Among the earnings stories for Friday, May 8, from AP Financial News:
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Shares of Luminex Corp., which makes testing systems for biotechnology companies, fell a day after it reported lower-than-expected first-quarter results.
TULSA, Okla. (AP) ¿ Arena Resources Inc., an oil and natural gas exploration company, said its first-quarter profit sank 65 percent as commodity prices plummeted.
CINCINNATI (AP) ¿ Scripps Networks Interactive Inc. reported a 10 percent drop in first-quarter earnings, dragged down by the slumping advertising market and heavy competition for its online comparison shopping Web sites.ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) ¿ Entertainment media company Liberty Media Corp. posted a mixed quarter for revenue, reporting growth at two smaller units but a decline in its largest division as the poor retail market hurt its QVC Shopping Network. PEABODY, Mass. (AP) ¿ Beacon Roofing Supply Inc. said its fiscal second-quarter loss narrowed, helped by higher residential roofing sales and strong demand in markets affected by Hurricane Ike. ATLANTA (AP) ¿ Energy provider Mirant Corp. reported a net profit of $380 million in the first quarter, bouncing back from a loss of $152 million in the year-earlier period. The company also announced senior management changes.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV