Albany Molecular Shares Fall On 1Q Profit, Outlook
The company said a slowdown in research and development spending is cutting into customer demand, and that it could remain depressed for small biotechnology companies and specialty pharmaceutical companies.
Looking ahead, the company cut its full-year profit forecast to between 22 cents and 28 cents per share, from prior guidance of 40 cents to 46 cents per share. The company also trimmed its contract revenue outlook to between $37 million and $41 million, from a prior range of $40 million to $42 million.
"Our revised financial guidance reflects a slowed spending by our small biotech and specialty pharmaceutical customers, as well as the impact of the delay of several projects previously forecast for our large scale component during the remaining quarters," said Chairman, President, and Chief Executive Thomas D'Ambra, in a statement.
He said the company initiated a "cost containment" program to offset the drop in revenue.For the second quarter, the company projected a loss of 1 cent per share to a profit of 2 cents per share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV