Amazon Agitates for Digital Revolution
Updated from 3:47 p.m. EDT
The online retailer took the wraps off its latest e-book offering in front of a crowd of journalists at New York's Pace University and is now eyeing a digital media revolution.
Capable of downloading books and other content via 3G wireless networks, the Kindle technology is touted as an alternative to traditional books, newspapers and magazines. The previous version of Kindle, however, offered a 6-inch screen, which was not well suited to viewing newspapers and textbooks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV