Once these most recent quarterly results are finalized, they will be run through TheStreet.com Ratings' model and our ratings will be adjusted accordingly. To keep up to date on all of our ratings, visit TheStreet.com Ratings Screener.
On May 05, 2009, Aware (AWRE) reported that its Q1 FY09 net loss widened hurt by lower revenue. Net loss for the latest first quarter increased to $2.13 million or $0.09 per share from $1.28 million or $0.05 per share in Q1 FY08. However, excluding stock-based compensation of $400,000, net loss was $1.74 million or $0.07 per share.
Total revenue dropped 22.2% to $4.57 million from $5.88 million a year ago, hurt by lower product sales revenue. Revenue from Product sales slipped 28.2% to $2.82 million from $3.92 million, while Royalties revenue edged up 10.7% to $477,000 from $431,000. Contract revenue fell 16.0% to $1.28 million from $1.52 million. Cost of product sales dipped 37.7% to $513,000, whereas cost of contract revenue declined 10.8% to $908,000. Research and development expenses fell 11.8% to $3.11 million, while selling and marketing expenses rose 11.6% to $1.08 million, and general and administrative expenses grew 1.7% to $1.21 million. Consequently, AWRE's operating margin deteriorated to a negative 49.27% compared to a negative 28.18% a year ago.Recently, the company announced the final results of its modified Dutch Auction tender offer according to which the company has accepted for purchase 3,500,252 shares of its common stock (including the associated preferred share purchase rights) at a purchase price of $2.50 per share, for a total cost of $8,750,630 (excluding fees and expenses relating to the tender offer).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV