Earnings Roundup: Centex, ArvinMeritor
Among the earnings stories for Tuesday, May 5, from AP Financial News:
UNDATED (AP) ¿ Centex Corp. cut its loss nearly in half in the most recent quarter, but the homebuilder's results still were twice as bad as Wall Street expected.
Other stories:TROY, Mich. (AP) ¿ ArvinMeritor Inc. on Tuesday reported a $47 million fiscal second-quarter loss, reversing a year-ago profit, as the vehicle parts maker struggled with low demand for its products amid tough times for automakers. NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Health Web site operator WebMD Health Corp. on Tuesday reported a profit for the first quarter, and its results generally met Wall Street expectations. BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) ¿ HealthSouth Corp., a provider of inpatient rehabilitation services, said Tuesday its first-quarter profit nearly tripled, mostly due to reduced legal expenses. MILWAUKEE (AP) ¿ Molson Coors Brewing Co. said Tuesday its first-quarter profit more than doubled, though sales of its beers fell in its stronghold of Britain and stagnated in Canada. In the U.S., profits rose in its MillerCoors joint venture, even as sales of flagship Miller Lite continued to fall.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV