Earnings Roundup: Weyerhaeuser, CVS Caremark
Among the earnings stories for Tuesday, May 5, from AP Financial News:
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Weyerhaeuser Co.'s first-quarter loss deepened as a near-dormant housing market knocked down sales of its lumber and wood panels.
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ CVS Caremark Corp. said Tuesday that charges and higher costs outweighed a boost in the drugstore operator's pharmacy sales, pushing first-quarter profit down slightly.
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) ¿ Martin Marietta Materials Inc. said Tuesday that it posted a first-quarter loss on lower sales of its gravel and other road building materials.NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Casino operator Wynn Resorts Ltd. reported a wider first-quarter loss than Wall Street expected on Tuesday after opening a new casino resort on the struggling Las Vegas Strip and seeing revenue slip at its property in Macau. ST. LOUIS (AP) ¿ Archer Daniels Midland Co., a major corn and soybean processor and ethanol maker, said Tuesday its fiscal third-quarter profit tumbled an unexpectedly sharp 98 percent due to a drop in sales along with an unexpected tax payment and a loss on equity investments.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV