Earnings Roundup: FirstEnergy, LeapFrog
Among the earnings stories for Tuesday, May 5, from AP Financial News:
AKRON, Ohio (AP) ¿ FirstEnergy Corp., a regional electric utility, said its first-quarter profit fell 59 percent on higher costs.
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Shares of LeapFrog Enterprises Inc. fell after the educational toy maker reported a first-quarter loss that missed Wall Street estimates and revenue fell by nearly half.
LAS VEGAS (AP) ¿ Casino operator Wynn Resorts Ltd. that it lost money in its first quarter partly because revenue and occupancy dropped at its Macau resort, and its adjusted earnings fell well short of analyst estimates.JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) ¿ St. Joe Co., which develops real estate and owns land in Florida, posted a loss during the first quarter due to continued weakness in the real estate market and declining rural land sales. MILWAUKEE (AP) ¿ Molson Coors Brewing Co. its first-quarter profit more than doubled, though sales of its beers fell in its stronghold of Britain and stagnated in Canada.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV