Earnings Roundup:Chesapeake Energy,Texas Roadhouse
Among the earnings stories late Monday, May 4, from AP Financial News:
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) ¿ Chesapeake Energy on Monday posted a nearly $6 billion loss for the first quarter as tumbling natural gas prices forced one of the nation's largest gas producers to write down the value of its gas and oil properties.
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) ¿ Restaurant chain Texas Roadhouse Inc. said Monday its first-quarter profit rose 11 percent due primarily to sales at new restaurants.
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Chinese online game company Changyou.com Ltd., which went public last month, said Monday its first-quarter profit more than doubled as people continued to embrace its games as a form of low-cost entertainment.PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) ¿ Portland General Electric Co., Oregon's largest utility, on Monday said its first-quarter profit rose 11 percent on higher prices, partially offset by lower sales volumes and higher costs. EAST AURORA, N.Y. (AP) ¿ Astronics Corp., which makes lighting and electronics systems for the aerospace industry, said Monday its first-quarter profit tumbled 47 percent because of cost-cutting measures prompted by weaker demand.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV