For those of you who want to join me and make something out of nothing, I'm going to introduce you to the most ridiculously undervalued Chinese companies on the face of the planet.
The requirements for these companies:
1. High growth
4. Cheap, based on earnings (including positive cash flow from operations) I'll start with the top and work down. The target value is a calculation composed of three parts: one-third book value + one-third price/earnings of eight + plus one-third price/earnings of growth. I have adjusted some of these numbers to remove one-time expenditures, the potential of share dilution, intangible equity, etc. To be honest, all of these stocks should trade much higher than their targets. This just helps me price companies in the midst of a crisis. 1. China Finance (CHFI.OB) was sold down 50% on record-breaking volume Monday while I was backing up the truck of bullishness. China Finance is responsible for helping small-to-medium Chinese enterprises go public in the United States. What makes this case unusual is China Finance's assets are highly liquid -- they could be sold in the market at the current price. Its largest position on Monday, Jade Art, was unchanged, its second-largest position, Gulf Resources, was up 8.3%, and its third-largest position, China Organic Agriculture, was up 6.9% on higher volume. It's not surprising that a company responsible for taking podunk Chinese companies public struggled through 2008. My estimates on this stock put it in 100-bagger territory from its 52-week low of 4 cents. China Finance also helped two of my other picks -- China 3C Group (CHCG.OB) and Oriental Paper (OPAI.OB). At 10 cents, China Finance is selling at less than its highly liquid securities, especially after you take into account their price appreciations since Dec. 31.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV