Mexcian Swine Flu Plays
Over the past week, as the World Health Organization has warned of possible global pandemic related to the current H1N1, or swine flu, outbreak, Mexican-related stocks and the Mexican stock market in general have sold off extremely hard.
Take, for example, iShares MSCI Mexico (EWW), which is down as much as 95 to 10% last week. Investors were panicking and dumping everything related to Mexico in fears of a possible economic and financial slowdown.
Recent tallies report close to 1,000 cases in 20 countries, 225 of which are in the U.S. There have been 26 H1N1-related deaths in Mexico and one H1N1-related death in the U.S.
Traders have been trying to game speculative swine flu stocks such as BioCryst Pharmaceuticals (BCRX), in phase I testing of a potential flu vaccine, and Novavax (NVAX), another vaccine company in early phase I and phase II testing, as well as pork producer Smithfield Foods (SFD).How else can you trade the swine flu, with an emphasis on Mexican stocks that could snap back once the panic subsides? To read more, visit Stockpickr.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV