Myers Weighs Options For Automotive, Custom Unit
AKRON, Ohio (AP) ¿ Myers Industries Inc., which makes plastic products, said Monday it is considering strategic options for its unit that makes automotive and custom products, which could include a possible sale.
The company said it is considering a "wide range of options" for the four businesses in the segment: Ameri-Kart, Buckhorn Rubber Products, Michigan Rubber Products and WEK Industries.
Operations at the businesses will continue as usual during the review process.
Shares of Myers rose 45 cents, or 4.5 percent, to $10.50 in morning trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV