Chesapeake Utilities 1Q Profit Rises 13 Percent
DOVER, Del. (AP) ¿ Chesapeake Utilities Corp. said Monday its first-quarter profit rose 13 percent as the utility company added customers and improved performance as its propane and natural gas subsidiaries.
The Dover, Del.-based company earned $8.6 million, or $1.24 per share, up from $7.6 million, or $1.10 per share, during the same period a year prior. Revenue rose 4 percent to $104.5 million from $100.3 million.
Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters expected profit of $1.16 per share.
Chesapeake distributes natural gas to homes and businesses in Delaware, Maryland and Florida. Part of the revenue boost came from colder weather in the Delmarva Peninsula, which includes parts of Delaware, Maryland, and Virginia.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV