A short squeeze occurs when short-sellers quickly buy in shares of the stock in order to cover their bearish positions, driving the price of stocks up sharply. The ratio for measuring short-squeeze opportunities is the short ratio, which is the number of days it would take the short sellers to cover their position based on recent average daily volume.
Stockpickr compiled a portfolio of the top Nasdaq short-squeeze plays, all of which have market caps of more than $250 million.
To read more, visit Stockpickr.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV